Awards were presented for outstanding Christmas decorations when the Chipley City Council met February 11.
The following agenda items were also approved:
- Approval of Ordinance No. 959 (Public Hearing) – Amendment to Chapter 2, Article VI – Sale of Municipal Real Property. This Ordinance amends Chapter 2, Article VI, to include an exception for property that is located in an Industrial Zoning Classification and promotes economic development.
- Approval of Ordinance No. 960 (First Reading) – Amendment to Chapter 11 – Private Property Standards and Abatement of Nuisances. This Ordinance amends Chapter 11 to include the requirement of window maintenance and interior window sight barriers or coverings in designated downtown areas.
- Approval of Resolution No. 20-11 – Mongoven Building Extension. This Resolution amends the original Agreement for Development and Option to Repurchase of Real Property known as the Mongoven building, by granting a six-month extension of time to obtain all necessary permits for construction.
- Approval of Resolution No. 20-12 – Amendment to the Policy Regarding Placement of Flags. This Resolution amends the days the United States Flag will be displayed in the City of Chipley.
- Approval of the FDOT SCOP West Boulevard Agreement for Engineering Services (CEI) – David H. Melvin, Inc. This approves the CEI contract based on the Consultant’s Competitive Negotiation Act (CCNA), to David H. Melvin, Inc. in the amount of $33,239.25.
- Approval of Reappointment of Code Enforcement Board Members – Suzan Gage and Barbara James. This reappoints Suzan Gage and Barbara James for a three year term beginning March 10, 2020.
- Approval of Special Event Application – Relay for Life Team Runner’s High 5K & Kids Fun Run. The 5K will be held, Saturday, March 28, 2020 at 7:30 am.
- Approval of Request for Proposals for CRA Consulting Services. This approves the Request for Proposals for the CRA to retain a Consultant(s) to assist the Agency in services regarding grants and best operation practices of Community Redevelopment Agencies.