On December 22, 2016 Robert Owen Shores was involved in a hit and run fatal crash on State Road 30 and Shasta Street in Bay County. As a result of the investigation Mr. Robert Owen Shores was charged with leaving the scene of a crash involving death and witness tampering. Mr. Shores was subsequently found guilty on both charges. Mr. Shores has been sentenced to the following.
- Department of Corrections- 20 years
- Public Service 120 hours (to be performed in a trauma center or hospital that receives victims of vehicle accident)
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- No contact with victims
- Driver’s License Suspended for 8 years
- Court Cost of 1,077
- Restitutions totaling over 94,000.00